Marie G. Felix
Brand-Building Digital Marketing Expert
Marketing | Advertising | Public Relations | Training | Events
Visionary professional with proficiency in all facets of successful marketing and advertising (digital & traditional), public relations, training, events, and management. Skillful in managing multiple projects simultaneously with strong detail, problem solving, and follow-through efficiencies. Ability to manage and motivate individuals and teams that produce results. Great written communications, interpersonal and organizational skills. Work with vendors, negotiate contracts, and manage budgets.
– Creative Market Planning & Execution
– Web, Social Media, Email Campaigns & Print Content Development
– Editorial Functions & Media Placement
– Market Research & Competitive Analysis
– Budget Management & Cost Control
– Public Relations & Agency Management
– Training & Events
– Leadership & Supervision
– MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher
– Google Analytics
– Social Media Platforms
– Hootsuite, SocialPilot
– CRM/SaaS/Cloud Platforms: Salesforce, HubSpot, Top Producer, Reliance Network, Zoho, Pipedrive
– Email Platforms: Constant Contact, Mailjet, GetResponse, Mailchimp
– PR Newswire, PRLog
– WordPress / Blog Platforms
– Adobe: Photoshop, InDesign
Experience (2000 – 2019)
DIGITAL & SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING | June 2018 – Present
Currently working as a freelance digital and social media marketer for various small businesses in the Honolulu and Los Angeles areas.
– Creating web content / Blogging
– Email campaigns
– Facebook and Instagram advertising
– Google Adwords
– Content procurement/creation for social media postings (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
– Management of social media accounts including engagement with followers
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING | July 2008 – November 2017
CENTURY 21 ALL ISLANDS | Honolulu, HI
Century 21 All Islands is an award-winning company and ranks highly in the Century 21 System. Ranking in 2017: #1 in Hawaii | #3 Regional | #14 National
Successfully developed and carried out marketing programs, with a $1M annual budget, for the company including website, print, television, and digital marketing. Conceptualized and implemented marketing collaterals with attention on upholding the brand and widening its recognition. Accommodated 300+ agents and 11 offices across the state with advertising and marketing materials.
– Scheduled and handled annual marketing plan and media placement
– Managed SEO/SEM for the website including blogs; Measured SEO with Google Analytics
– Acted as brand ambassador at client events, trade shows, conferences, and award presentations
– Conceived and administered marketing collaterals and e-mail campaigns for the CRM – making sure campaigns complies with the CAN-SPAM ACT
– Trained agents on various marketing tools
– Advised and helped agents with their annual marketing planning
– Art director for company publication – Hawaii Moves Real Estate Magazine
– Originated and managed all social media sites with approximately 11,930 followers collectively
– Developed unique promotions for events
– Administered all advertising and marketing for the company’s real estate school subsidiary
– Developed and implemented internal marketing and agent retention programs
– Spearheaded company volunteer events for local non-profit organizations including Easter Seals, Hawaii Food Bank, United Way, and Habitat for Humanity
– Managed Marketing Department budgets and staff
MARKETING MANAGER | June 2000 – July 2007
WERNER PUBLISHING CORPORATION (Now Madavor Media) | Los Angeles, CA
Werner Publishing published consumer magazines on various topics, including technology, photography, aviation, and golf.
Oversaw the Marketing Department and supervised marketing and office admin staff: 4 marketing assistants, 4 advertising coordinators, event coordinator, office manager, mailroom coordinator. Spearheaded all marketing projects for all 7 publications: Outdoor Photographer, Digital Photo, Digital Photo Pro, HDVideo Pro, Golf Tips, Plane & Pilot, and Pilot Journal (defunct). Able to meet deadlines, one after another, in a very fast-paced environment.
– Conducted brief daily morning meetings with marketing assistants and advertising coordinators to make sure deadlines and workflow for the day goes smoothly
– Originated email campaigns and eNewsletter programs and contests for all publications which are still utilized today
– Handled annual company survey sent out to subscribers for demographic statistics – a tool used by the sales team and for media kits
– Worked with advertisers, including the ones with contracts of $500K and up, and ad agencies regarding various promotional/marketing programs
– Worked closely with editors and account executives for special advertising editorials (advertorial)
– Created unique promotions for events and trade shows
– Initiated social media for publications back when social networking was still on its early stage
– Processed and updated media kits for all publications every year
Other Work History
FREELANCE MARKETING CONSULTANT | August 2007 – May 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Briefly freelanced as Marketing Consultant, before moving to Honolulu, for various ad agencies and local businesses in the Los Angeles area.
PROJECT COORDINATOR | 1997 – 2000
COMCHOICE (Formerly Custom Duplication) | Los Angeles, CA
ComChoice was a software development company. Custom Duplication was a company that replicated CDs, software programs, and audio cassettes.
Managed orders and headed software development projects and made sure every team member involved in a project met their deadlines. Liaison between company and clients.
ASSISTANT OFFICE MANAGER | 1996 – 1997
R SQUARED CUSTOM AUDIO & VIDEO SYSTEMS | Santa Monica, CA
R Squared provides and installs home theater and audio equipment for luxury homes and offices.
Assisted in the daily operations of the office and warehouse.
PROFESSIONAL FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER | 1988-1991 * 1996
Los Angeles, CA
Worked as a freelance photographer in the Los Angeles area – commercial, products, fashion, portraits, wedding, headshots
Los Angeles City College
Fairfax High School
Los Angeles, CA
American Marketing Association