Marie G. Felix
Marketing | Advertising | Public Relations | Training | Events
Visionary professional with proficiency in all facets of successful marketing, advertising (multimedia), public relations, training, events, and management. Skillful in managing multiple projects simultaneously with strong detail, problem solving, and follow-through efficiencies. Ability to manage and motivate individuals and teams that produce results. Great written communications, interpersonal and organizational skills. Work with vendors, negotiate contracts, and manage budgets.
- Creative Market Planning & Execution
- Web & Print Content Development
- Editorial Functions & Media Placement
- Market Research & Competitive Analysis
- Budget Management & Cost Controls
- Public Relations & Agency Management
- Training & Events
- Leadership & Supervision
- MS Office: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher
- Google Analytics
- Social Media Platforms
- Hootsuite, SocialPilot
- Cloud: Dropbox, Google Drive
- PR Newswire, PRLog
- Adobe: Photoshop, InDesign
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING | July 2008 – November 2017
CENTURY 21 ALL ISLANDS | Honolulu, HI
Century 21 All Islands is an award-winning company and ranks highly in the Century 21 System. Ranking in 2017: #1 in Hawaii | #3 Regional | #14 National
Successfully developed and carried out marketing programs for the company including website, print, and digital marketing. Conceptualized and implemented marketing collaterals with attention on upholding the brand and widening its recognition. Accommodated 300+ agents and 11 offices across the state with advertising and marketing materials.
- Scheduled and handled annual marketing plan and media placement
- Managed SEO/SEM for the website including blogs; Measured SEO with Google Analytics
- Acted as brand ambassador at client events, trade shows, conferences, and award presentations
- Conceived and administered marketing collaterals and campaigns for the CRM
- Trained agents on various marketing tools
- Advised and helped agents with their annual marketing planning
- Art director for company publication – Hawaii Moves Real Estate Magazine
- Originated and managed all social media sites and grew to approximately 11,930 followers collectively
- Developed unique promotions for events
- Administered all advertising and marketing for the company’s real estate school subsidiary
- Developed and implemented internal marketing and agent retention programs
- Spearheaded company volunteer events for local non-profit organizations including Easter Seals, Hawaii Food Bank, United Way, and Habitat for Humanity
- Managed Marketing Department budgets and staff
MARKETING MANAGER | June 2000 – July 2007
WERNER PUBLISHING CORPORATION (Now Madavor Media) | Los Angeles, CA
Werner Publishing published consumer magazines on various topics, including technology, photography, aviation, and golf.
Oversaw the Marketing Department and supervised marketing and office admin staff: 4 marketing assistants, 4 advertising coordinators, event coordinator, office manager, mailroom coordinator. Spearheaded all marketing projects for all 7 publications: Outdoor Photographer, Digital Photo, Digital Photo Pro, HDVideo Pro, Golf Tips, Plane & Pilot, and Pilot Journal (defunct). Able to meet deadlines, one after another, in a very fast-paced environment.
- Conducted brief daily morning meetings with marketing assistants and advertising coordinators to make sure deadlines and workflow for the day goes smoothly
- Originated email campaigns and eNewsletter programs and contests for all publications which are still utilized today
- Handled annual company survey sent out to subscribers for demographic statistics – a tool used by the sales team and for media kits
- Worked with advertisers and ad agencies regarding various promotional/marketing programs
- Worked closely with editors and account executives for special advertising editorials (advertorial)
- Created unique promotions for events and trade shows
- Initiated social media for publications back when social networking was still on its early stage
- Processed and updated media kits for all publications every year
FREELANCE MARKETING CONSULTANT | August 2007 – May 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Briefly freelanced as Marketing Consultant, before moving to Honolulu, for various ad agencies and local businesses in the Los Angeles area.
PROJECT COORDINATOR | 1997 – 2000
COMCHOICE (Formerly Custom Duplication) | Los Angeles, CA
ComChoice was a software development company. Custom Duplication was a company that replicated CDs, software programs, and audio cassettes.
Managed orders and headed software development projects and made sure every team member involved in a project met their deadlines. Liaison between company and clients.
ASSISTANT OFFICE MANAGER | 1996 – 1997
R SQUARED CUSTOM AUDIO & VIDEO SYSTEMS | Santa Monica, CA
R Squared provides and installs home theater and audio equipment for luxury homes and offices.
Assisted in the daily operations of the office and warehouse.
PROFESSIONAL FREELANCE PHOTOGRAPHER | 1988-1991 * 1996
Los Angeles, CA
Worked as a freelance photographer in the Los Angeles area – commercial, products, fashion, portraits, wedding, headshots
University of San Francisco
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration | 1995
Minor: Public Relations
Los Angeles City College
Associate of Arts Degree | 1988
American Marketing Association